I hope you're well and that you can attend our next event. Please note that the EVENT TIME HAS CHANGED and we're moving our speaker up 30 minutes. We're hoping this will work well with your scheule.
If you strictly want information about the next event, please look at the links to the right and go to Event Registration.
Margaret O’Hanlon was last month's speaker and her weblink is on our Previous Speakers' Page. I heard from several people that her presentation was detailed and strategic and there was lively discussion. Many thanks to our volunteers Jenny Vonderwerth, Karen Duffy, Tatyana Dorokhova and Trudy Schapansky for planning and leading this great event.
Our volunteers recently met to discuss how our year in this group has been going. We've been very pleased by our speakers! We also wondered why it is that we have great speakers, a free meeting and relatively low turnout. We are experimenting with a slightly earlier time for the speaker and hope this helps you. We'll also have a survey in the near future to learn more about what you'd like to see, what is most useful, what we can improve upon. Many more people in our group are working in full time roles and it's a bit of a challenge to go to meetings at the end of the day, but it's so worthwhile.
We have a page on our site for advertising with links to Amazon products. Our site also has Google ads, and you're welcome to click on relevant links. These links provide a small amount of money to help pay for our domain.
You can subscribe to the blog, share it on Facebook or Tweet it. Join us on LinkedIn.
Because of my commitments I can’t mentor you, and please don’t send me unsolicited resumes. Come to an event and meet someone who can help. I receive a lot of unsolicited resumes (from our group and strangers) and I refer people to the forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. See the blog post for more thoughts. http://marciastein.blogspot.com/2009/02/setting-boundaries-and-professionalism.html
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:00-8:30 p.m.
3. Using our Forum
4. Spam Filter Alert
5. To change you email address
7. Potential Speakers/Topics
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts.
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Eric Petersen is a Pension Consultant and will present "How to Avoid Common 401(k) Mistakes." Please click on the registration tab for details and note our NEW TIME. Click here for event details and the response form.
2. Discounts and Offers – view them online. Thanks for extending the discounts to our group!
3. Using our Forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. You can view messages without registering, but you must register to reply or post a message. You are not automatically registered because you receive this email. Please review the Terms and Conditions available under any topic on the forum. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your user name and password, and if you change email addresses, please log in and update your profile. If privacy is an issue, please be careful when you post anything: use a separate email if necessary and you can skip your street address if you’d like.
4. SPAM Filter Alert: please add email@example.com to your address book.
5. To change your email address, click here and go to the correct form.
6. Unsubscribe To discontinue mailings please respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line or go to the form. If you receive mail at more than one email address, please note all addresses to delete.
7. Potential Speakers/Topics. Please see http://ourhrsite.blogspot.com/p/potential-speakers.html for details and a form to submit your information.
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts. If you email me right after I’ve sent a mailing, I can update the website, but I can’t send a separate mailing to the group. It will be in the next mailing.
I hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Marcia Stein, PHR - www.linkedin.com/in/marciastein
Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"
Silicon Valley Women in Human Resources...and Friends
Visit our Associates and Advertising Page