I hope you're well and that you can attend our next event about global HR business practices with Arden Ng. Please note that the event time has changed and we've moved our speaker up 30 minutes. We hope this will work well with your schedule.
If you strictly want information about the next event, please look at the links to the right and go to Event Registration. Before you go, please see the book links at the bottom of this page.
Last month, Christine Young and Karen Duffy planned our event with Roberta Hayashi. Roberta talked about new Legal Restrictions on Employer Controls of Social Media. It's interesting to learn what the laws dictate considering how we've seen and increased use of social media in many workplaces. There is a handout from the event and you can download it from the Previous Speakers' Page. Many thanks to our volunteers and speaker.
This month's topic should be of interest to many of us. Several years ago, I was the HR Manager (solo department) for a company with a large division in India filled with engineers. Their HR Manager was a dotted line report to me and we basically shared information. He was experienced and qualified and really didn't need my management insights. I learned a lot from our conversations and it was fascinating to learn about his challenges, the different laws, the business culture and the treatment of employees. What an eye-opener!
When working with people in or from different countries, and one of the first things I do is get a book or read online to learn about specific business practices and tips about working with people from different cultures.
We should learn a lot from Arden Ng about supporting employees in foreign operations. Come along and bring your insights, too!
We have a page on our site for advertising with links to Amazon products. Our site also has Google ads, and you're welcome to click on relevant links. These links provide a small amount of money to help pay for our domain.
You can subscribe to the blog, share it on Facebook or Tweet it. Join us on LinkedIn.
Because of my commitments I can’t mentor you, and please don’t send me unsolicited resumes. Come to an event and meet someone who can help. I receive a lot of unsolicited resumes (from our group and strangers) and I refer people to the forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. See the blog post for more thoughts. http://marciastein.blogspot.com/2009/02/setting-boundaries-and-professionalism.html
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:00-8:30 p.m.
3. Using our Forum
4. Spam Filter Alert
5. To change you email address
7. Potential Speakers/Topics
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts.
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:00-8:30 p.m. Arden Ng, founder and President of Blueback Global will present "Global HR Business Practices." Please click on the registration tab for details and note our NEW TIME.
2. Discounts and Offers – view them online. Thanks for extending the discounts to our group!
3. Using our Forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. You can view messages without registering, but you must register to reply or post a message. You are not automatically registered because you receive this email. Please review the Terms and Conditions available under any topic on the forum. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your user name and password, and if you change email addresses, please log in and update your profile. If privacy is an issue, please be careful when you post anything: use a separate email if necessary and you can skip your street address if you’d like.
4. SPAM Filter Alert: please add email@example.com to your address book.
5. To change your email address, click here and go to the correct form.
6. Unsubscribe To discontinue mailings please respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line or go to the form. If you receive mail at more than one email address, please note all addresses to delete.
7. Potential Speakers/Topics. Please see http://ourhrsite.blogspot.com/p/potential-speakers.html for details and a form to submit your information. This will be reviewed during the January 2014 meeting.
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts. If you email me right after I’ve sent a mailing, I can update the website, but I can’t send a separate mailing to the group. It will be in the next mailing.
I hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Marcia Stein, PHR - www.linkedin.com/in/marciastein
Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"
Silicon Valley Women in Human Resources...and Friends
Visit our Associates and Advertising Page