How are you? How's your summer?
If you strictly want information about our next event, please look at the links to the right and go to Event Registration. Before you go, please check out the links at the bottom of this page.
Many thanks to Patricia Stokke for planning and introducing "Your Voice, Your Feminine Power, Your Job" with Lynn Kirkham. What an interesting and refreshing way to examine our communication style.
There used to be a common expression, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," and today's equivalent is all about your network. The best way to build a good network is to introduce yourself, build a conversation about what the other person does/wants and what you do/want and how you might help each other.
We occasionally have events dedicated to networking and this month's event should be FUN! Our volunteers have worked to find a new location, plan games, and it'll even be catered. Space is limited to the first 50 people, so please RSVP if you are going. I realize this is the same day as HR Star, and it's a great time to not have heavy-duty topics. I hope you can come.
We found spaces for most of our events this year, but we still need a place for the 8/20/2014 event with Patricia Stokke. Her topic is "Integrating a Global Perspective Into the Organization." Can you help us find a location in the South Bay? Ideally, someplace between North San Jose and Palo Alto near 101 would be great. If you have a lead or you can provide space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a reminder that I am going to move us away from maintaining the Forum and encourage you to use our LinkedIn Group for posting. This will be a gradual change on the technical side. More people are using LinkedIn than the forum at this point, and it has been challenging to register people, help them through password problems and other maintenance issues. It served a great purpose for a long time, and it was all my husband's idea. Bill is an Electrical Engineer but he learned some code, set up our board, and taught me how to update and maintain it. Many people have posted resumes, jobs and events over the years, and I know a lot of people found work as a result. It honestly makes me very happy and proud to know it was so successful. Thank you, Bill!
1. HR Women and Friends July Event: 7/16/2014 Networking Bingo!
3. Using our Forum
4. Spam Filter Alert
5. To change you email address
7. Potential Speakers/Topics
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts.
1. HR Women and Friends July Event: 7/16/2014 Networking Bingo! Please click on the registration tab for detail and to RSVP. I hope you're able to attend!
2. Discounts and Offers – view them on our discount page. Thanks to everyone for extending the discounts to our group!
3. We have a Forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. I am moving away from maintaining the Forum and encourage you to use our LinkedIn Group for posting. On the Forum, you can view messages without registering. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your user name and password, and if you change email addresses, please log in and update your profile. If privacy is an issue, please be careful when you post anything: use a separate email if necessary and you can skip your street address if you’d like.
4. SPAM Filter Alert: please add email@example.com to your address book.
5. To change your email address, click here and go to the correct form.
6. Unsubscribe: To discontinue mailings please respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line or go to the form. If you receive mail at more than one email address, please note all addresses to delete.
7. Potential Speakers/Topics. Please see http://ourhrsite.blogspot.com/p/potential-speakers.html for details and a form to submit your information. This will be reviewed during the January 2015 meeting.
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts. If you email me right after I’ve sent a mailing, I can update the website, but I can’t send a separate mailing to the group. It will be in the next mailing.Because of my commitments I can’t mentor you, and please don’t send me unsolicited resumes. Come to an event and meet someone who can help. I receive a lot of unsolicited resumes (from our group and strangers) and I refer people to our LinkedIn Group. See the blog post for more thoughts. http://marciastein.blogspot.com/2009/02/setting-boundaries-and-professionalism.html
We have a page on our site for advertising with links to Amazon products. Our site also has Google ads, and you're welcome to click on relevant links. These links provide a small amount of money to help pay for our domain.
I hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Marcia Stein, PHR - www.linkedin.com/in/marciastein
Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"