Monday, January 11, 2016

Silicon Valley Women in HR...& Friends Mailing and Event Announcement

Dear Friends,

How are you? I'm going to have to adjust to thinking about 2016!

We are holding formal meetings once every two months, and for those in-between months, we encourage you to plan coffee, lunch, dinner or an event on your own! You can use our LinkedIn group to publicize your event. This will give you some latitude in location and timing, and that should help more of us come out and meet each other. I think this bi-monthly schedule is working well for us.

Please join our group on LinkedIn so you’ll be updated on announcements and posts.

Sometimes I'm asked how our group works, and I'd like to share this information with you. I depend on a lot of people's contributions of time, professional services, and spaces.

As you know, we do not charge dues nor do we charge for events other than a dinner at a restaurant. This is free to us only because we find great people to host us, generously providing space and their time.

Events are planned by volunteers - see details below - and I could not do all of this without them. Furthermore, the continuation of this group depends on having wonderful volunteers. If you'd like to contribute, please see the paragraph below.

Potential speakers submit their topics for consideration and they sometimes drive a long way to make presentations, share information, keep our skills updated (or add to them) and keep us updated on current trends. What would we do without them?

In fact, what would we do without the volunteers, hosts and speakers? We'd be a Q&A group on a website rather than the dynamic group we are. I hope you take advantage of these meetings!

And one more thing: who pays for the website domain name, the time to put together invitations, mailings, and send everything out? It's my time and my checkbook. What is helpful is when you click on one of the ads on our website or purchase something from our Amazon links (see them below my signature). I usually earn enough through the advertising clicks to pay for the hosting.

Today I'm writing about our January events and needs. 

Our January 13  Volunteers' Meeting
Our group runs on the power of our volunteers. They select topics and speakers, organize the details with the location host and make sure the meetings run smoothly. I deeply appreciate all of their work! You're welcome to join this group and work on our 2016 events. If you're interested, please click here for details.

Our January 20 Community Event
We're pleased to announce that Karen Mathews Radau will be presenting "Best Practices - Giving Productive Feedback." I'm looking forward to learning more for my professional and personal use. We can always learn more about this, can't we? Please see the event details and RSVP link by clicking here.

Survey for 2016 Locations
if you have a meeting space we could use, please complete the form by clicking here. Ideally, this would be near 101 from North San Jose up to Mountain View.

Thank You for Our Last Event

Our Planners and Volunteers were Marilyn Messer and me, Marcia Stein. Thanks really go to Marilyn for planning and following up on the details for our year-end dinner. Thank you!

Not only do I hope to see you at our next event, I do hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to plan some extra networking events. I would love to attend some!

All the best,

Marcia

Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"
Blog 


      



   

Visit our Associates and Advertising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment