Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Silicon Valley Women in HR...& Friends Mailing and Event Announcement

Dear Friends,

I hope you're well.

We hold formal meetings once every two months, and for those in-between months, we encourage you to plan coffee, lunch, dinner or an event on your own. You can use our LinkedIn group to publicize your event. This will give you some latitude in location and timing, and that should help more of us come out and meet each other.

I recently wrote about how our group works and how I depend on a lot of people's contributions of time, professional services, and space. I also explained how I pay for the website hosting and domain name through my own checkbook and the ads on our website you may click on along with our Amazon links below my signature. My previous post has information about the cookies on your browser and you can delete them if the ads you see are not of interest.  

This a wild presidential campaign and I know we all have opinions about it. I try hard not to bring this into the workplace and into our group [but it's out there on Facebook]. I do want to remind you that this is group was founded to network, inform and support professional women. No, that's not an endorsement: it is a reminder that we have been behind in rights and visibility in the workplace and even in voting. Women and men fought hard for that right.

My mom, a very patriotic first-generation American, always voted. No matter the weather, the demands of work and family, she went to the polls. I imagine there were times she did not think the candidate was perfect, but it is one of our obligations as citizens, a true privilege compared to many other places in the world, and Americans in general have been extremely lax about this. The truth is that if you are waiting for perfection, you won't find it. Vote for the person who most represents the things you believe, whomever that may be. Check for the facts on FactCheck or similar sites, and vote in your local elections, too. Most candidates start locally, establish a track record in votes and display their character for examination.

GO VOTE!

Today I'm writing about our May event and I have a request. 

Our May 18 Community Event
We are pleased to announce that Amber George and Jennifer Shih will present "Immigration Basics: Overview for Employers Hiring Foreign National Workers." Please see the event details and RSVP link by clicking here.

Please Join Our LinkedIn Group and Unsubscribe from my Email List
Please join our group on LinkedIn so you’ll be updated on announcements and posts. Because it is much easier to send mail through LinkedIn than my home email, I strongly encourage you to join the group. You can post articles of interest, questions, meetings, resumes and jobs. If you are in our LinkedIn group and receive our mailings there, please unsubscribe from my personal mailing list to remove your duplicate mailings and reduce my work.

Thank You for Our Last Event
Many thanks to Diane Cusano for presenting "Inspiring Yourself to Thrive by Reframing Your Thoughts." She provided insights, information and exercises that have helped me and I'm sure have helped others.

Not only do I hope to see you at our next event, I do hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to plan some extra networking events. I would love to attend some!

All the best,

Marcia

Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"

      



   

Visit our Associates and Advertising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment