Before I go on, we have a discount to the HR Symposium and it's posted on our Discounts page. Be sure to check out the other discounts listed.
I like to present food for thought before we get to our group announcements.
Many thanks to last month's speaker, Mary Wang. Mary presented "Workplace Investigations: The Essential Law and Best Practices for Handling Employee Relations Issues and Conflict Resolution" and provided us with a PowerPoint and a PDF download, available on our Previous Speakers page. Our volunteers did a fabulous job of organizing the event. Thanks to our volunteers Trudy Schapansky and Krissy Vollersen for their hard work.
This month I will address a very different matter.
I have another blog about parenting difficult teens and dysfunctional family relationships, but I just did a separate post about how you can help save a 23 year old's life. Jack Chin went to my son's high school and was in college when he was diagnosed last year with leukemia. He needs a bone marrow transplant to survive and his family members, including his twin brother, are not a match. His best chance for a match is in the Chinese community. Please read more and view his sites listed on my blog. Will you help?
We now have a page on our site and for advertising. I have links to Amazon products at present and may add other affiliates. You'll notice our site also has Google ads, and you're welcome to click on relevant links. I am going to customize this when I have time to reflect different categories: HR and Business, Entertainment and Shopping. The focus will be HR and Business, but we are human beings and need relaxation, too!
REMINDER ANNOUNCEMENT FOR HRCI POINTS: You can earn HRCI recertification points through blogging and I’ve set up this site so you can be an occasional blogger. You are responsible for adhering to their guidelines, and I cannot guarantee your points.
· Read the HRCI information
· If you’d like to post, write your piece to the HRCI specifications. (My first post is opinion and does not meet their criteria.) Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the subject line, your bio and links to your LinkedIn page and/or website/s. I will not edit posts but will review them quickly if I have time. Otherwise, I’ll simply upload.
You can subscribe to the blog, share it on Facebook or Tweet it. Let’s get this off the ground!
Join us on LinkedIn.
Because of this volunteer work, family, friends and paid work, unfortunately, I can’t mentor you, and please don’t send me unsolicited resumes. I wish I had the time to individually mentor you, but I don’t. Come to an event and meet someone who can help. I receive a lot of unsolicited resumes (from our group and strangers) and if I’m recruiting for a position or I’m paid to work on the resume, that’s one thing, but other than that, I’ve got other things on my plate. I refer people to the forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. See the blog post for more thoughts. http://marciastein.blogspot.com/2009/02/setting-boundaries-and-professionalism.html
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:30-9:00 p.m. Performance Management as a Process: A Focus on Goal Setting with Susan K. Miller, CCP, SPHR. Click here for event details and the response form.
3. Using our Bulletin Board (Forum)
4. Spam Filter Alert
5. To change you email address
7. Potential Speakers/Topics
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts.
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:30-9:00 p.m. Performance Management as a Process: A Focus on Goal Setting with Susan K. Miller, CCP, SPHR. Click here for event details and the response form..
2. Discounts and Offers – view them online. Discounts for health related products or services are solely used at your own discretion. The group and I have no responsibility for these services or products. Thanks for extending the discounts to our group!
3. Using our Bulletin Board (Forum) When you contact me regarding jobs, events, and other issues, I refer to our Forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. You can view all messages without registering, but you must register to reply or post a message. You are not automatically registered because you receive this email – it is separate software. Please review the Terms and Conditions available under any topic on the forum. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your user name and password, and if you change email addresses, please log in and update your profile. If privacy is an issue, please be careful when you post anything: use a separate email if necessary and you can skip your street address if you’d like.
4. SPAM Filter Alert: please add email@example.com to your address book.
5. To change your email address, click here.
6. Unsubscribe To discontinue mailings please respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line or go to the form. If you receive mail at more than one email address, please note all addresses to delete.
7. Potential Speakers/Topics. Please see http://ourhrsite.blogspot.com/p/potential-speakers.html for details and a form to submit your information.
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts. If you email me right after I’ve sent a mailing, I can update the website, but I can’t send a separate mailing to the group. It will be in the next mailing. Please keep this in mind and plan ahead.
I hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Marcia Stein, PHR - www.linkedin.com/in/marciastein
Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"
Silicon Valley Women in Human Resources...and Friends