Happy December! I hope you're well and enjoying the season.
If you strictly want information about the next event, please look at the links to the right and go to Event Registration.
Many thanks to our volunteers our
Vonderwerth and Krissy
Vollersen for planning and leading last month's event, "Do It Yourself Corporate Wellness Programs." Jenny was our speaker and what a wealth of information she is!
The year went quickly in some ways and in other ways, it was long and upsetting. So here's the good stuff: more of us are working and the economy has taken a turn for the better. Here's the rotten, stinking stuff: I'm disgusted and appalled by the way Americans have been treating each other over politics and politicians. No matter your political beliefs, there are places to go to confirm facts and it seems to me that a lot of people aren't doing that.
Just after 9/11, do you remember how united our country was? It's a terrible thing to have that as a unifying event, but it did unify us. It didn't take long for us to fall apart, have all kinds of scandals, corporate malfeasance and spewed hatred.
I'm a news junkie and go to sites that have actual fact checking rather than opinions. Why not do the same? Take out the emotions and look for the facts. I think we'd be better off tuning out most of the screamers and paid opinionists on TV, radio and the Internet. How about listening to the "other side" now and then to get new insights and maybe some ideas? Don't let yourself get caught up in this hatred.
We have a page on our site for advertising with links to Amazon products. Our site also has Google ads, and you're welcome to click on relevant links. These links provide a small amount of money to help pay for our domain.
You can subscribe to the blog, share it on Facebook or Tweet it. Join us on LinkedIn.
Because of my commitments I can’t mentor you, and please don’t send me unsolicited resumes. Come to an event and meet someone who can help. I receive a lot of unsolicited resumes (from our group and strangers) and I refer people to the forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. See the blog post for more thoughts. http://marciastein.blogspot.com/2009/02/setting-boundaries-and-professionalism.html
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:00-8:30 p.m.
3. Using our Forum
4. Spam Filter Alert
5. To change you email address
7. Potential Speakers/Topics
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts.
1. HR Women and Friends Community Event: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:00-8:30 p.m. Won't you join us for our year-end party? Please click on the registration tab for details and the response form.
2. Discounts and Offers – view them online. Thanks for extending the discounts to our group.
3. Using our Forum at www.ourhrsite.com/forum. You can view messages without registering, but you must register to reply or post a message. You are not automatically registered because you receive this email. Please review the Terms and Conditions available under any topic on the forum. It’s your responsibility to keep track of your user name and password, and if you change email addresses, please log in and update your profile. If privacy is an issue, please be careful when you post anything: use a separate email if necessary and you can skip your street address if you’d like.
4. SPAM Filter Alert: please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
5. To change your email address, click here and go to the correct form.
6. Unsubscribe To discontinue mailings please respond with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line or go to the form. If you receive mail at more than one email address, please note all addresses to delete.
7. Potential Speakers/Topics. Please see http://ourhrsite.blogspot.com/p/potential-speakers.htmlfor details and a form to submit your information.
8. Notifying us of upcoming events and discounts. If you email me right after I’ve sent a mailing, I can update the website, but I can’t send a separate mailing to the group. It will be in the next mailing.
I hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Marcia Stein, PHR - www.linkedin.com/in/marciastein
Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting"
Silicon Valley Women in Human Resources...and Friendshttp://www.ourhrsite.com/ Visit our Associates and Advertising Page