Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Silicon Valley Women in HR...& Friends Mailing and Event Announcement

Dear Friends,

How are you? 

I can’t believe how late it is in the year. Halloween and Christmas displays are in the stores. It’s like a time warp.

Bill and I have been thinking about the next several years, and sometime in the future, we’ll retire. We haven’t picked a date yet - Bill loves his work! - but retirement is more than just staying at home. There are decisions to make. When do you take Social Security? What about Medicare? How much have we saved and what does that mean for retirement? Will we retire in place or move? What will we do all day to stay busy, engaged and have meaningful interests? How will we make new friends if we move?

I’ve learned that many people have these questions, and I’m sharing some of the information I’ve collected in a new site. This started as a way for me to keep my own bookmarks organized and I hope it will help others. Click here to go to the site and let me know if you have feedback or ideas for articles.

We hold formal meetings once every two months, and for those in-between months, we encourage you to plan coffee, lunch, dinner or an event on your own! You can use our LinkedIn group to publicize your event. This will give you some latitude in location and timing, and that should help more of us come out and meet each other.

Today I'm writing about our November event and two requests. 


Our November 16 Community Event
Ned Kraft is our next speaker and he’ll review the 3 glass ceilings: personal, managerial and organizational, and he has specific steps we can take to maximize our effectiveness. Please see the event details and RSVP link by clicking here.

Seeking Volunteers for our February Event: Celebrating 20 Years!
This February our group will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. Would you like to volunteer to help me plan a little celebration dinner? If so, please complete this form.

Our Mailing List: Please Join Our LinkedIn Group
Please join our group on LinkedIn so you’ll be updated on announcements and posts. Because it is much easier to send mail through LinkedIn than my home email, I strongly encourage you to join the group. You can post articles of interest, questions, meetings, resumes and jobs.

Thank You for Our Last Event
Idit Stefanson, CEBS, PHR and Belina Pignataro were our volunteers and did a wonderful job, as always. Our speaker and long-time member Rebecca Linquist, Linguist and Speech Coach with a focus on foreign-born execs, provided some exercises to improve our speech and voice quality. 

Not only do I hope to see you at our next event, I do hope you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to plan some extra networking events. I would love to attend some!

All the best,

Marcia

Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting” Site

   
Visit our Associates and Advertising Page




      

No comments:

Post a Comment