Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Silicon Valley Women in HR...& Friends Mailing and Event Announcement

Dear Friends,

How are you doing? I have a lot to cover so I'm going to put a number next to each topic.
    1. Thanks for last month.
    2. Reminder about charitable giving.
    3. Breast Cancer Awareness and a new page with tips.
    4. A few thoughts on sexual harassment.
    5. Request to complete our survey.
    6. Our November 15 Event with Dr. ArLyne Diamond.

1. Kirti Mehrotra and I planned our last event. Mary Jeanne Vincent was our speaker and she presented information about the importance of negotiation skills and how much you lose out over time if you do not negotiate. Many thanks to Kirti and Mary Jeanne, and thanks to our friends at Oakwood who have provided us event space and treats.

2. Last month I wrote about community needs and charitable organizations. Given how much devastation we saw in the fires, you might want to revisit that post.

3. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as a 17-year survivor, it's close to my heart. Having good doctors and being proactive are key to getting through it all. I've added a new page to our site with tips for cancer patients.

4. Sexual harassment cases are coming out of the woodwork! Providing the 2-hour mandatory workshops for supervisors and a modified 1-hour workshop for employees was a huge part of my business for the last several years. Each HR person I met had stories of complaints and investigations, and we know that a lot still goes unreported. You know the "me, too" campaign? Well: me, too. I'll have to write another post about that as it's a big topic with a lot of different facets. I'm glad women (and men) are getting braver about sharing their experiences and I think some people will be concerned about even talking with a woman.

5. We are conducting a short survey to learn your thoughts about our group. It's available through October 31 and we want to hear from you! Please click here to participate.

6. Our next event is November 15 with ArLyne Diamond, Ph.D.'s presentation: "HR Adds to the Bottom Line." Please click here to read all about it and RSVP if you're coming.

I hope to see you at our next event!

All the best,

Marcia

Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting” Site



      


   


Visit our Associates and Advertising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment