Monday, May 1, 2017

Silicon Valley Women in HR...& Friends Mailing and Event Announcement

Dear Friends,

Happy May! Is it just me or is the year zooming ahead?

Our last event was planned by Pamela Addie and Mahi Saraf. Linda Lubin Thompson presented "No Bragging Required: Getting the Recognition You Deserve" and she was simply wonderful. I told her she should be a TED speaker. Crafthouse Cocktails had a table set up for tasting and I thank everyone for this great event. 


I like to have a little personal message in these notes, and I have a special one this time around. I've been planning for retirement for some time and I'm semi-retired. What's that mean? It means that I'm not actively soliciting business but will do training when asked. I still love it.

I will continue to be involved with our group and work with volunteers so that when the time comes, willingly or unwillingly, to turn over the leadership, there are people who can step up and take over. Succession planning is so important, isn't it? I've been very impressed by our volunteers!


Because we'd been thinking about the coming years and what retirement is, what it means in daily life, I had started to collect weblink and I decided to organize them on another blog about retirement. I'm also helping an elderly relative. (You can read a bit about that on my other blog.)


As retirement liberates me, I plan to write about where I think HR is going, what we do well, what we need to improve upon, and I'm not going to be shy about criticism. Many of my thoughts pertain to other fields, as well.


Our next event is May 17 with Arda Ozdemir presenting "Women's Self-Empowerment Movement." Please click here to read all about it and RSVP if you're coming.


I hope to see you at our next event!

All the best,

Marcia

Author: "Strained Relations: Help for Struggling Parents of Troubled Teens" and "Recruiters on Recruiting” Site




   
Visit our Associates and Advertising Page




      


   
Visit our Associates and Advertising Page




      

No comments:

Post a Comment